Thursday, May 3, 2012

well...shes here!

I hate that I wait so long after to write this like kennedys 
But to be honest I havent had to time to sit down with out a toddler on my lap or a newborn nursing since we came home 2 weeks ago!

Here we go this is long, & probably graphic for some, so if you are quesey about birth ish this isn't for you :)

So started off about 20+ days prior to having Kensley I was in L&D at least once a week if not more with full blown labor.
I was pumped, injected & poped a million pills to stop this gal from coming. Since they changed my due date to May 20th; she was no where close to being ready to come in the world.

By the week that I had her, I was SO exhausted. At that point I had been in labor 3 times the week before.

April 18th I started off the day with contractions as always about 15 minutes apart, they started speeding up & the next thing I knew they were pretty strong & a min apart; they were in my back & as the day before were being to stall out so I knew like big sister she was sunny side up. 

I called my OB & asked what our next plan was. We had talked about just letting her come since I was physically exhausted from the weeks prior & had Brandon leaving work to be with at the hospital for days what seemed like every other day. & all the labor was putting alot of stress on baby. But he wanted to get at least 2 more weeks out of her; so he told me to take 2 procadia & 1 brethane. I littery broke down crying. I selfishly just wanted her to come, I wasn't over being pregnant, but I was ready to stop  being in labor every other day going thru the pain & not getting a baby at the end. Being away from Kennedy to be in the hospital for days at time & inconveincing everyone had just gotten to me. I went upstairs to settle down, so I didn't upset Kennedy & left her to play with my Mom in the playroom. 

6:10: As I go upstairs I use the restroom, stand up & feel a gush. Itty Bitty gush. I thought OH?? umm did i totally just pee on myself??!? & sat back down to have another gush & realized that I def hadn't! Grabbed a pad & ran downstairs yelling "MY WATER JUST BROKE" & went into "tara-over-dramatic-im-gonna-imagine-the-absolute-worse-thing-happening-ever" mode & started yelling I needed to get to the hospital cause I was gonna get a infection. Grant it that COULD happen, it was not going to happen in that short 5 mins from it happening to walking downstairs. But hey leave it to me :) I called Brandon & said "uhh my water broke" to which he replied "so should I come??" ha! He works a hour away! I grabbed Kensleys bag that had been packed for weeks, & Kennedy, my mom & I headed to hospital!

7:25: We got to the hospital since I live 45 seconds away it was no big deal. Do all the registration & the lady probably makes me walk the longest way possible to the L&D unit. Get into a bed & she checks to see if it was amonic fluid & the q-tip barely touches me & turns instantly black! "its defiently broke" the nurse said! & leaves. Comes back to check me & says my cervix is wayyyy far back & didn't know if the Dr would want her to bring it forward but it felt like I was 3cm. (Which is what I had been off on for over a week, I went from 3cm back to 1cm then back in a few days it was nuts.)

Let me just take one second to remind ya'll my plan was 100% natural birth. No meds ect. 

7:35ish: I have my first contraction ever with no water. With Kennedy they broke my water ast 9cm  & was pushing in mins. I look at my mom & say there is no way in heck I was doing this with out pain meds. Contractions are a WHOLE NEW ball game without your bag of water to soften the blow. I litterly was gripping the bed & moaning in SO much pain. Not to mention telling everyone to shut up & get away from me with every contraction. I remember in between one REALLY bad one I texted Jennifer & said "holy shit this hurts" hahaha After 15 mins of back to back contractions the nurse FINALLY comes back in & I beg her for shot of nubane to take the edge off. Which is when my OB comes in says I have 2 options,we still weren't in the clear & there was a chance after I had Kens she would be transferred to a hospital with a NICU & I would have to stay behind for at least 24 hours. or 2. go as a package & deliver elsewhere.  I couldn't risk not being with my baby so I was gonna be transferred. Since I had a 4 hours labor with Kennedy I couldn't get any pain meds cause they were pretty sure I would have her in the ambulance & she couldn't be born sleepy. Brandon Finally got there & I was in SO much pain. I was begging for some sort of relief. Brandon said "this is what you wanted you can do this. you can do this."

8:10: I was in a ambulance on my way to Dupont. My OB sent a L&D nurse with us still thinking I may deliver in the ambulance. Brandon had to sit upfront, so I only had the poor nurse to grab her hand in pain. I had transitioned in the ambulance waiting on a freakin train. Yeah a train. Not to mention this drive hit every.single.huge.bump.ever.in the road. its like he was trying to hit them haha & the guy in the back with me? was missing all but 4 teeth & kept rubbing my arm & my head. Poor man knew with in mins he shouldn't do that haha the contractions actually seemed to get shorter when we got on the highway; thank goodness.

8:30 we arrive at the hospital. I am sweating from the worse pain I have ever experienced & as we get in the hospital it is burning hot. Turns out the AC broke & it was freakin 85 degrees! YEAH, super fun. We get up to the delivery room where they try getting my IV 5 times & blow each vein, cause I WAS getting a epidural. Since the IV wasnt working I ask for a shot again, she checks me & I am 8cm on the verge of 9cm  so the shot was out.  I couldn't believe it.

At this point I am begging for a epi. They get the IV finally & run fluid straight thru & try to give me a epidural. THE DR DID IT WRONG & IT DIDN'T WORK. He asks if I want him to try it again, & the nurse said we didn't have time & "Honey you have already done it, your at the end now" 

The contractions were shorter but still I was in SO much pain, I felt everything. I actually felt her come down  after I got her to turn from  being on my side.

Minutes later I HAD to push. Not like oh I have a bit of a sensation to push. But I am gonna have this baby right now let me push her out feeling. I was saying ahem, yelling I had to push.

Brandon was such a great coach & told me I had to wait, I was doing great! I in the not so nicest way possible let him no that "I HAD TO PUSH"  The nurse checked me & I said I couldn't I had just a half a cm to go & I couldn't push or I would tear my cervix just as my new OB interrupted & checked me & said "5 min & this will be over" I remember Brandon & I looking at each other like WHOA, this is really happening (as if the excruciating pain wasnt enough) & next thing I knew the room was filled with a NICU team which included my high school best friend, a respiratory team, & more nurses shoving poor Jess (the photog) in the corner. 

9:19 The Dr ended up stretching my cervix the rest of way & told me to push! 2 pushes later she was out at 9:20! They put her on me, & although it was in my birth plan to instantly go to my chest, since she was early they wisked her away to get checked.

I started bawling as did Brandon & I kept yelling I wanted her. I just wanted to hold her. I don't know how people dont do the instant chest time, as I did with Kennedy. I felt awful & just wanted my baby NOW.
I needed to know she was ok.
& Finally I had her in my arms.










She was perfect.

 

I instantly started to breastfeed & sister latched like a champ!

She was finally here. 

Oh the months of crying with every negative, the frustrated nights of emotional breakdowns of "why us". The weeks of fertility meds & hormones & the 9 months of utter fear, sickness & hospital stays.
Our family was complete. Our second gift from GOD & absolute miracle in every sense of the word was here.
I held her & sobbed told her how I waited my whole life for her.

We got another child. We gave our daughter a sibling.
Something we were told would not happen.

Miracles happen ya'll.
One is sleeping upstairs, & the other is nursing in my lap.
& I just don't know what I did to be so blessed.
All photos by the awesome Jess @ J3designz

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I've been waiting to see a post from you...wondering how things were going! Thanks for sharing the birth story of your second beautiful daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I feel really choked up after reading that. Especially that last bit about your two miracles. Congratulations to you all. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Tara! After all of your struggles and worries I couldn't be happier that you welcomed another healthy, beautiful baby girl! What a dramatic entry she had into the world, the weeks of "teasing" all seem worth it now - don't they!? You described transition perfectly, I still remember it like it was yesterday!! I couldn't imagine giving birth in a hospital with no A/C. I delivered at the end of January on a REALLY cold -25C day and I was STILL boiling hot, especially during transition! Congrats to you and your beautiful family, I've really enjoyed seeing all your IG pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new sweetie! She's beautiful. I love how raw your photos are, thanks for sharing. You make me miss breastfeeding.

    ReplyDelete

shucks, thanks the comment!
i looove hearing from you!
-tara :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...