This is my first mother's day!
This day will mean so much to me.
Why?
Because I am finally a Mom.
I won't spend this day crying.
wishing & wondering when I would be a Mom.

I thought I would write on this post about what it is like to be a mom.
But I can't.
I can't describe the unconditional love I have for my daughter.
I can't describe what its like when she is crying how I can instantly make her stop.
I can't describe what it was like to hear her say "ma-ma".

I just can't
I know many of you reading this, are still fighting the fight.
& struggling today
But what I just said, I hope will make you keep pushing on, even tomorrow.

Being a mother is what I have waited my whole life to  be.
In 2nd grade when everyone else was writing their "I have a dream" papers about being astronauts, doctors & movie stars I simply put:

"I have a dream to be a mommy, & work as a sunday school teacher"

Apparently I didn't know that gig was volunteered.

Never the less, I am finally a Mommy.
I've carried my child within my body, Slept with my child on my chest. I've kissed little toes & wiped away tears. I've been puked on, peed on & spent sleepless nights cradling my child, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My body isn't magazine perfect, but when I look in the mirror I see a MOM, and there is no greater 
Honor.

All the dr appts, all the shots, all the hospital visit, all the night crying, all the medicine
make tomorrow worth it.

I get to celebrate being a MOM.